Brochure Type: Asia 2017
A fusion of dazzling Tokyo and Japan's serene Five Lakes District, this 'urban-meets-rural' trip mixes the city's bright lights, sights and shops, with time at Mt. Fuji.
- City Tour of Tokyo
- See the Tokyo Tower
- View Mt. Fuji
- Visit the Sensoji Temple, the Imperial Palace Plaza and Ginza
- 3 buffet breakfasts.
- Audio Headsets for flexible sightseeing
- Daily breakfast and an average of 50% of evening meals
- Luxury air-conditioned coach or alternative transportation (such as rail journeys)
- Cherry-picked hotels, all tried and trusted
- Hand-picked Insider Experiences
- Optional Experiences and free time
- Porterage and local charges included
- Must-see sightseeing and surprise extras
- An expert Travel Director and separate Driver
- Airport transfers on the first and last day of your guided holiday
Call (330) 650-2020 for more information or to book today! Mention code 13358016
- Tour Operator
- Trafalgar Tours
- Offer valid through 6/30/2017
- 4 Days
- Escorted - Yes
|Day 1||Tokyo||Arrive Tokyo (3 Nights): Welcome to Tokyo. Upon arrival at Tokyo Narita or Haneda International Airport, transfer by airport shuttle service to your centrally located hotel. Enjoy the rest of the day and evening at leisure.|
|Day 2||Tokyo||Tokyo Sightseeing: This morning your City Tour begins with an orientation drive. See the Tokyo Tower which opened in 1958 as a broadcasting mast and at the time was the tallest building in Tokyo. Make a stop at the Imperial Palace Plaza, a large park area in the centre of Tokyo from where the two bridges that form the entrance to the inner grounds of the Imperial Palace can be viewed. It is the primary residence of the Emperor of Japan and built on the former site of Edo Castle. Continue to Asakusa and visit the Sensoji Buddhist temple. It is one of Tokyo's most colourful and popular temples and has been rebuilt countless times since it was founded in 628, making it Tokyo's oldest temple site. Visit Nakamise, a shopping street over 200 metres long that stretches from the outer gate to the temple's second interior gate. Next drive through Akihabara which began its evolution into 'Electric Town' post WWII when the area became a black market for radio parts. Later make a stop at Ginza and take some free time for shopping and lunch. This afternoon perhaps take part in an Optional Experience.Buffet Breakfast|
|Day 3||Mt. Fuji||Mt. Fuji: After breakfast depart Tokyo for the Five Lakes District, dominated by majestic UNESCO listed Mt. Fuji. At 3,776 metres it is Japan's highest mountain and most recognisable icon. Ascend by road to 2,300 metres at the 5th Station before taking a ride on the Kachikachiyama Ropeway, (both weather permitting) a cable car ride offering spectacular views on a clear day of Mt. Fuji and Lake Kawaguchi. Later return to your hotel for a relaxing evening.Buffet Breakfast|
|Day 4||Depart Tokyo||Depart Tokyo: Transfer by airport shuttle service to Tokyo Narita or Haneda International Airport for your onward flight. Buffet Breakfast|
- Flights: to and from Tokyo are not included.
- These prices are correct at the time of the website going live, however are subject to confirmation at the time of booking.
- All tour information is correct at time of tours going live, however is subject to change, please confirm all details at time of booking.
- For full terms and conditions, please refer to our Conditions page.
- Hotel Class Key: D: Deluxe SF: Superior First Class F: First Class