Spectacular scenery, historic sites, and special experiences await you on this fantastic tour concentrating on Croatia. Along the way, you'll overnight in Zagreb, Opatija, Zadar, Split, and Dubrovnik in Croatia, and in Slovenia's capital Ljubljana. If you're interested in historical sights and UNESCO World Heritage Sites, you'll be thrilled. Visit Dubrovnik's Rector's Palace, a gothic-renaissance palace dating to the 15th century; the 4th-century Diocletian's Palace in Split, a well-preserved fortress; the majestic cathedral in Zagreb, housed within a medieval fort; the Amphitheater and Temple of Augustus in Pula; and the historical city of Trogir. If you're interested in beautiful scenery, this Croatia tour will delight. You'll enjoy guided walking tours in Plitvice National Park, famous for its lakes, waterfalls, and forests, and in the pretty coastal city of Zadar. You'll experience the beauty of the Dalmatian Coast, with its dramatic limestone cliffs. You'll also visit the Postojna Caves, with its web of tunnels and stalactites, via mini-train. These are just a few of the many highlights included on this magnificent guided tour of Croatia. It's an once-in-a-lifetime vacation!
Call (330) 650-2020 for more information or to book today! Mention code 13596061
- Tour Operator
- Offer valid through 12/31/2017
- 11 Days
- Escorted - Yes
|Day 1||Zagreb||Welcome to Zagreb! At 6 pm, meet your Tour Director and traveling companions for a welcome dinner at your hotel. (D)|
|Day 2||Ljubljana||This morning, guided sightseeing features all important landmarks of the Lower and medieval Upper Town, such as the Parliament, Stone Gate, the Archbishop's Palace, and more, plus a visit to the majestic CATHEDRAL. Enter Slovenia and arrive in its elegant capital, Ljubljana. (B,D)|
|Day 3||Ljubljana||Sightseeing with a Local Guide includes the medieval castle, the impressive City Hall, and a visit to magnificent ST. NICHOLAS' CATHEDRAL. Balance of the day at leisure. (B)|
|Day 4||Opatija||Enjoy [LF] an exciting visit to the spectacular POSTOJNA CAVES by mini-train. The caves were discovered in the 17th century, and opened to the public in 1819. Then, continue to Opatija, a famous seaside resort frequented by tourists from the mid-19th century onwards. (B,D)|
|Day 5||Opatija||A scenic drive through the Istrian Peninsula to Pula, where your Local Guide will show you the Triumphal Arch of the Sergi, dating back to the 1st century, then, visit the perfectly preserved AMPHITHEATER and the TEMPLE OF AUGUSTUS. Return to Opatija and immerse yourself in the relaxed atmosphere of the resort. Walk along the lungomare seaside promenade and don't forget to take pictures of the famous Maiden with the Seagull. (B)|
|Day 6||Zadar||Head inland to peaceful Plitvice and enjoy a guided walking tour of the NATIONAL PARK, famous for its lakes, waterfalls, and forests. Back to the coastline, and arrive at your beautifully situated hotel, surrounded by fragrant pine woods. (B,D)|
|Day 7||Split||In the morning, drive into the center of Zadar and meet your Local Guide. A walking tour to the main square gives you a good impression of this city with its turbulent history, fighting off the Venetians, crusaders, and Turks over the centuries. Don't miss the Sea Organ and the Greeting to the Sun. The next two cities are UNESCO World Heritage Sites: explore picturesque Trogir, founded by Greek colonists and a major port until Roman times, and then continue to Split, the ancient Spalato. This evening, [LF] enjoy a special dinner at a local restaurant. (B,D)|
|Day 8||Split||Your Local Guide takes you through the labyrinth of medieval streets within the walls of Emperor DIOCLETIAN'S PALACE, a well-preserved fortress and a living part of the Old Town. See the Mausoleum, the Cathedral of St. Domnius, and the Temple of Jupiter with its impressive basement halls-a recent filming location in The Game of Thrones. (B)|
|Day 9||Dubrovnik||Follow the Dalmatian coast, heading south to Dubrovnik. Beautifully situated on a promontory jutting into the Adriatic Sea, Dubrovnik was once an independent maritime republic rivaling Venice. Enjoy a walking tour with a Local Guide to see the Franciscan and Dominican monasteries, and the impressive ramparts, erected during the Crusades to protect the town against land attacks. Visit the 15th-century RECTOR'S PALACE, built in gothic style, with renaissance and baroque elements, harmoniously combined. (B)|
|Day 10||Dubrovnik||The day is at leisure. Exciting optional excursions are available. This evening, a farewell dinner awaits at your hotel to celebrate the success of your Croatian tour. (B,D)|
|Day 11||Dubrovnik||Your vacation ends with breakfast this morning. (B)|
- US$ Price Details
Prices are per person, based on double room occupancy.Single room supplement:$519Triple room reduction per person: $36Extra nights per person in Zagreb:in single room $137, in twin $78, in triple $71Extra nights per person in Dubrovnik:in single room $203-$304, in twin/in triple $121-$180
Travel Terms & Conditions
The purchase of any travel services offered by Globus, constitutes a contractual arrangement between you (the Traveler) and Globus, and represents your acceptance of the Terms & Conditions. Please ensure that you read carefully and understand the Terms & Conditions prior to booking. These Terms & Conditions cover Deposit & Final Payment information, Air-Inclusive Deposits & Final Payment, Revisions & Revision Fees, Air Arrangements, Participation, Travelers Who Need Special Assistance, Young Travelers, Smoking, Price Policy, Visas and Passports, Hotels & Accommodations, Baggage Allowance, Travel Documents, Not Included in the Land Price, Refunds, Service Inquires After the Vacation, Holidays, Safety, Photos & Pictures, Optional Excursions, and Responsibility.
- Vacation departures, itineraries and prices are subject to change.
- A non-refundable, non-transferable deposit is required for Globus to reserve space for you. View Terms & Conditions for limited exceptions.
- The following charges are not included in the land vacation price unless otherwise noted: airfare to and from the start of your vacation; Intra-vacation air unless specified in the itinerary; airline baggage fees including checked and/or excess baggage fees; Federal inspection fees for the Federal U.S. Customs and Immigrations; International Air Transportation tax; agricultural tax; other per person taxes imposed by government entities; airport taxes and fees including the September 11th Security fee up to $11.20 per person, passenger facility charges up to $18 per person, Federal domestic flight segment fees up to $4.00 per segment, and U.S. and International arrival and departure and other government-imposed added by the airline and applicable at time of booking; port taxes; passports; visas (except on Cuba programs) and vaccinations; tips to your Tour or Cruise Director, Globus Group Leader in Cuba, Local Host, driver, Local Guides, and/or ship's crew; gratuities on ferries, trains, and cruise ships; laundry; telephone; minibar; alcohol, beverages, and food outside of the contracted Globus menu as presented at a hotel or restaurant or onboard your vessel (these extra items will be billed to you before leaving the hotel, ship, or restaurant); airport transfers on non-qualifying flights; optional excursions; additional activities and excursions purchased online; porterage at airports and train stations; Travel Protection; and all other items of a personal nature.
Booking your Vacation with Air
For air departure dates within 331 days, you'll be offered a choice of carriers and flight schedules as well as price points to choose from when selecting your flights. Your schedule will be provided to you at the time of booking (schedules are subject to change by carriers). Globus offers 2 air options: Flex Air and Instant Purchase Air. Flex Air allows flexibility if you want to make changes to your vacation schedule. Instant Purchase Air may offer additional airline options but has more restrictions. Some vacations may only offer one Air type option. Guaranteed air-inclusive prices: air is only available to passengers traveling from the United States and only available when booked in conjunction with a land vacation. An additional $300 per person non-refundable air deposit is required for Flex Air booked in conjunction with any land vacation (i.e. air-inclusive vacation). Air can only be booked by Globus in conjunction with a vacation package. Instant Purchase Air requires air payment in full at time of booking (i.e. air-inclusive vacation) plus non-refundable per person service fee ($30 for North/Central America, $50 for Europe/Middle East and $80 for all other destinations. Once booked, Instant Purchase Air is non-refundable, and non-changeable. Some vacations may only offer one Air type option. However, once your airfare is confirmed and Globus has received your full air and land deposit, your air-inclusive vacation price is guaranteed.
Air-Inclusive Vacations - Applicable Taxes & Fees
Air-inclusive vacations include government-imposed taxes and fees applicable at the time of booking and will be shown as a Total Amount. Additional airline fees for baggage may apply. At the time of booking your air-inclusive vacation online, carrier Websites will be provided to check baggage fees, or you can visit www.iflybags.com for up-to-date baggage pricing/restrictions. For return travel from some countries, international travelers are required to pay entry and/or exit fees at the airport. These fees will be collected by the local government and are payable by the traveler at time of travel. Your confirmation booking information will contain information about these fees.
* The "Starting at" or listed price is based on the lowest price available to book. Price is per passenger based on double occupancy and does not include airfare; additional fees/charges are not included. If a price is crossed out, the new price shown includes a limited time promotional offer(s) - please review current promotions or deals for additional information. Some tours require intra-vacation flights (and in some cases intra-vacation segments must be purchased from Globus).