GLOBUS 2021: Lisbon & Northern Spain (ZO)
12 days from Lisbon to Barcelona
When you hear the call 'Txotx!' (pronounced 'choach') shouted in the traditional Sidrerias of Northern Spain, it's time to gather 'round! Standing five feet back from the tapped barrel, patrons lineup to catch the shooting cider into glasses-then toast the age-old tradition that adds the right amount of carbonation to the tart beverage. Lucky for you, there's much to toast as you explore the sparkling seaside from Lisbon to Barcelona on this mostly coastal tour of Portugal and Northern Spain. This sunny vacation makes a splash with visits to the popular pilgrimage site of Santiago de Compostela, the famous seaside resort of San Sebastian, and in Pamplona, the legendary Calle Estafeta where the famous 'running of the bulls' takes place. You'll also want to make a beeline to the delicacies of each country, from the zesty paella of Spain to the sweet port of Portugal. Cheers! Salud! Txotx!
Call (330) 650-2020 for more information or to book today! Mention code 15246525
- Tour Operator
- Offer valid through 3/31/2021
- 12 Days
- Escorted - Yes
|Day 1||Lisbon||Welcome to Lisbon! At 6 pm, meet your Tour Director and traveling companions for a welcome dinner at your hotel. (D)|
|Day 2||Lisbon||LISBON Guided sightseeing includes Jeronimos Monastery and cloister and a photo stop at Belem Tower and the Monument to the Discoveries. (B)|
|Day 3||Porto||FATIMA Visit the Sanctuary of Our Lady of the Holy Rosary.PORTO Sightseeing with a Local Guide includes a panoramic drive to the mouth of the Douro River. See the Church of Sao Francisco and visit the Arabian Hall in the Stock Exchange. [LF] Port wine tasting at the famous Sandeman & Co Port Wine Cellar. (B)217 mi / 350 km|
|Day 4||Santiago de Compostela||Scenic drive along the coastline en route to Vigo.VIGO Walking tour of the historic center.LA TOJA ISLAND [LF] Enjoy coffee at the Gran Hotel La Toja. See the church that is completely covered with seashells.SANTIAGO DE COMPOSTELA Dinner at a local restaurant. (B,D) 199 mi / 320 km|
|Day 5||Santiago de Compostela||SANTIAGO DE COMPOSTELA Guided sightseeing includes the cathedral with the relics of St. James the Apostle. (B)|
|Day 6||OVIEDO||LUARCA Free time to browse.OVIEDO Guided sightseeing includes a panoramic drive and a walking tour of the Old Town. [LF] Cider tasting at a traditional Sidreria. (B) 217 mi / 350 km|
|Day 7||San Sebastian||SANTANDER Free time for lunch.BILBAO Guided visit of the Guggenheim Museum en route to San Sebastian. (B,D)249 mi / 400 km|
|Day 8||San Sebastian||SAN SEBASTIAN Guided walking tour of the Parte Viejo Old Quarter. Free time this afternoon and evening. (B)ENHANCE YOUR FREE TIME in San Sebastian with an excursion to Biarritz and Saint-Jean-de-Luz. This and many more options throughout your tour are available for purchase with MyGlobus. Get local maps and tips for free time on your GlobusGO mobile app.|
|Day 9||Saragossa||PAMPLONA [LF] Orientation walk through the Calle Estafeta, followed by lunch with traditional tapas and Rioja wine at Basaburua restaurant.SARAGOSSA Orientation walk includes Plaza of Our Lady of the Pillar. (B,L)162 mi / 260 km|
|Day 10||Barcelona||BARCELONA Guided walking tour this afternoon includes the Old Town with its Barri Gotic and a stroll down La Rambla. Later, enjoy a fresh fruit juice. (B) 193 mi / 310 km|
|Day 11||Barcelona||BARCELONA Guided sightseeing this afternoon features Columbus Monument, Plaza de Cataluna, a stop at the Sagrada Familia Basilica, and a panoramic view of the city and harbor from Montjuic Hill. Farewell dinner at La Fonda del Port Olimpic restaurant. (B,D)|
|Day 12||Barcelona||Your vacation ends with breakfast this morning. (B)|
Travel Terms & Conditions
The purchase of any travel services offered by Globus, constitutes a contractual arrangement between you (the Traveler) and Globus, and represents your acceptance of the Terms & Conditions. Please ensure that you read carefully and understand the Terms & Conditions prior to booking. These Terms & Conditions cover Deposit & Final Payment information, Air-Inclusive Deposits & Final Payment, Revisions & Revision Fees, Air Arrangements, Participation, Travelers Who Need Special Assistance, Young Travelers, Smoking, Price Policy, Visas and Passports, Hotels & Accommodations, Baggage Allowance, Travel Documents, Not Included in the Land Price, Refunds, Service Inquires After the Vacation, Holidays, Safety, Photos & Pictures, Optional Excursions, and Responsibility.
- Vacation departures, itineraries and prices are subject to change.
- A non-refundable, non-transferable deposit is required for Globus to reserve space for you. View Terms & Conditions for limited exceptions.
- The following charges are not included in the land vacation price unless otherwise noted: airfare to and from the start of your vacation; Intra-vacation air unless specified in the itinerary; airline baggage fees including checked and/or excess baggage fees; Federal inspection fees for the Federal U.S. Customs and Immigrations; International Air Transportation tax; agricultural tax; other per person taxes imposed by government entities; airport taxes and fees including the September 11th Security fee up to $11.20 per person, passenger facility charges up to $18 per person, Federal domestic flight segment fees up to $4.00 per segment, and U.S. and International arrival and departure and other government-imposed added by the airline and applicable at time of booking; port taxes; passports; visas (except on Cuba programs) and vaccinations; tips to your Tour or Cruise Director, Globus Group Leader in Cuba, Local Host, driver, Local Guides, and/or ship's crew; gratuities on ferries, trains, and cruise ships; laundry; telephone; minibar; alcohol, beverages, and food outside of the contracted Globus menu as presented at a hotel or restaurant or onboard your vessel (these extra items will be billed to you before leaving the hotel, ship, or restaurant); airport transfers on non-qualifying flights; optional excursions; additional activities and excursions purchased online; porterage at airports and train stations; Travel Protection; and all other items of a personal nature.
Booking your Vacation with Air
For air departure dates within 331 days, you'll be offered a choice of carriers and flight schedules as well as price points to choose from when selecting your flights. Your schedule will be provided to you at the time of booking (schedules are subject to change by carriers). Globus offers 2 air options: Flex Air and Instant Purchase Air. Flex Air allows flexibility if you want to make changes to your vacation schedule. Instant Purchase Air may offer additional airline options but has more restrictions. Some vacations may only offer one Air type option. Guaranteed air-inclusive prices: air is only available to passengers traveling from the United States and only available when booked in conjunction with a land vacation. An additional $300 per person non-refundable air deposit is required for Flex Air booked in conjunction with any land vacation (i.e. air-inclusive vacation). Air can only be booked by Globus in conjunction with a vacation package. Instant Purchase Air requires air payment in full at time of booking (i.e. air-inclusive vacation) plus non-refundable per person service fee ($30 for North/Central America, $50 for Europe/Middle East and $80 for all other destinations. Once booked, Instant Purchase Air is non-refundable, and non-changeable. Some vacations may only offer one Air type option. However, once your airfare is confirmed and Globus has received your full air and land deposit, your air-inclusive vacation price is guaranteed.
Air-Inclusive Vacations ? Applicable Taxes & Fees
Air-inclusive vacations include government-imposed taxes and fees applicable at the time of booking and will be shown as a Total Amount. Additional airline fees for baggage may apply. At the time of booking your air-inclusive vacation online, carrier Websites will be provided to check baggage fees, or you can visit www.iflybags.com for up-to-date baggage pricing/restrictions. For return travel from some countries, international travelers are required to pay entry and/or exit fees at the airport. These fees will be collected by the local government and are payable by the traveler at time of travel. Your confirmation booking information will contain information about these fees.
* The "Starting at" or listed price is based on the lowest price available to book. Price is per passenger based on double occupancy and does not include International airfare; additional fees/charges are not included. If a price is crossed out, the new price shown includes a limited time promotional offer(s) ? please review current promotions or deals for additional information. Some tours require intra-vacation flights (and in some cases intra-vacation segments must be purchased from Globus).