Brochure Type: Europe & Britain 2022
Explore the Best of Britain on this incredible trip across England, Scotland and Wales, and travel over the sea to the Isle of Skye. Imagine life as a Benedictine monk at Buckfast Abbey, feel the hope of brave pilgrims in Plymouth and be inspired by the beauty of Lake Windermere.
- Explore London, Liverpool, the Isle of Skye and Edinburgh with a Local Specialist
- Discover Bath, Plymouth, Cardiff, Chester, Glasgow and York
- Visit the ancient stone circle at Stonehenge, the Roman Baths in Bath, Polperro, Buckfast Abbey, Glastonbury Abbey, the town of Ludlow, the Isle of Skye, Edinburgh Castle, Alnwick and Shakespeare's Birthplace in Stratford-upon-Avon
- View Eilean Donan Castle, Alnwick Castle used as Hogwarts in the Harry Potter films, York Minster and Anne Hathaway's thatched cottage
- See Dartmoor, the Lake District, Ben Nevis and Glencoe in the Scottish Highlands and the 18th green at St. Andrews
- Tickets for the Royal Edinburgh Military Tattoo are included on departures that coincide with performance dates
- Connect With Locals Enjoy a Be My Guest lunch with the Dyer family on their 15th-century dairy farm in Somerset complete with home-made ice-cream.
- Dive Into Culture Visit Buckfast Abbey, a Benedictine monastery built on the site where monks have lived and prayed for over 1,000 years.
- MAKE TRAVEL MATTER Visit the Dyer family at their historic home, a modern-day dairy farm with an ancient manor and captivating history dating right back to the Domesday book of 1085.
- 1 Be My Guest
- 1 Farewell Dinner
- 1 Regional Dinner
- 1 Welcome Reception
- 13 Breakfasts
- 2 Dinners
- All hotel tips, charges and local taxes
- All porterage and restaurant gratuities
- An expert Travel Director and professional Driver
- Audio headsets for flexible sightseeing
- Breakfast daily and up to half of your evening meals
- Cherry-picked hotels, all tried and trusted
- Luxury air-conditioned coach with Wi-Fi in most countries or alternative transportation (such as rail journeys)
- Must-see sightseeing and surprise extras
- Optional Experiences and free time
- Pick-up and drop-off when you stay at the Trafalgar recommended London hotel, booked through Trafalgar
- The services of a Trafalgar Local Host when you stay at Trafalgar's recommended London hotel.
Call (330) 650-2020 for more information or to book today! Mention code 16627259
- Tour Operator
- Trafalgar Tours
- Offer valid through 9/30/2022
- 14 Days
- Escorted - Yes
|Day 1||London||Welcome to London: London's vibrant city streets are your launch pad to an epic journey through the iconic sights of Britain. Embrace the pomp and ceremony of this multi-cultural capital, exploring the treasures of its former Empire in museums, rambling through its picturesque Royal Parks or admiring the ancient facades that line its grand boulevards and hidden lanes.|
Park Plaza Riverbank
|Day 2||London||Explore Historic London: Join a Local Specialist today for a tour of the city's iconic sights. See Big Ben and the imposing Houses of Parliament on the banks of the Thames, then Buckingham Palace, the official UK residence of the British sovereigns since the mid-19th century. The rest of the day is yours to explore London - an effortless mix of centuries-old heritage and modern sophistication.|
|Day 3||Stonehenge, Bath and Exeter||Journey to Stonehenge, Bath and Exeter: Meet your Travel Director and commence your journey through the rolling green and golden landscapes of rural Wiltshire to Salisbury Plain. We tread in the footsteps of druids and pagans at Stonehenge, before travelling to UNESCO-listed Bath with its elegant Georgian facades and the centuries-old Roman Baths. Our home for the next two nights is the historic cathedral city of Exeter, where we will enjoy a memorable Welcome Reception this evening at our hotel.|
|Day 4||Plymouth and More in the Southwest||Plymouth and More in the Southwest: Our first stop today is in the ancient port city of Plymouth, where we'll delve into the history of the brave Pilgrim Fathers who set sail for an unknown New World from its shores. See the Royal Citadel overlooking Plymouth Sound and consider an optional cruise around the dramatic coastline. We take a step back in time at our next stop - the delightful village of Polperro. Continuing along the brooding moorland of Dartmoor, we arrive at Buckfast Abbey, where we'll Dive Into Culture and gain insights into how Benedictine monks have lived and prayed for over 1,000 years.|
|Day 5||Glastonbury and Cardiff||Onwards to Glastonbury and Cardiff: Enjoy a scenic drive through the pretty Devon and Somerset countryside to mystical Glastonbury, where we'll visit the ruined Abbey, said to be the final resting place of King Arthur. Your journey back to a time of knights, lords and ladies is just beginning and you'll head to Somerset for an unforgettable MAKE TRAVEL MATTER Experience with Ian and Ann Dyer who are your warm Be My Guest hosts on their modern-day dairy farm, where guests will get to see the ancient manor which was mentioned in the Domesday book of 1085. The Dyers both hail from old farming families and you'll learn what life is like in the rural countryside and the historical significance of their home as you Connect With Locals over a lunch featuring family favourites prepared by keen cook, Ann. We journey to Cardiff, the capital of Wales, where we'll explore the proud heritage of the Welsh and modern icons, including the Principality Stadium during an orientation tour.
Park Inn by Radisson City Centre
|Day 6||Tudor History and on to Liverpool||Explore Tudor History and on to Liverpool: Tudor history is explored this morning as we visit the historic towns of Ludlow and Chester with their characteristic black and white half-timbered buildings. Join your Travel Director for an orientation walk past these famous Tudor Rows and enjoy views of Chester's medieval city walls and red sandstone Cathedral. The haunt of the 'Fab Four' is our final stop today. Join a Local Specialist to gain insight into Liverpool's Beatles' history and enjoy a free evening in one of Britain's edgiest cities.|
|Day 7||Romantic Lake District and on to Glasgow||Venture to the Romantic Lake District and on to Glasgow: Rolling Lancashire pastures give way to the soul-stirring Lake District, whose beautiful scenery has inspired poets and writers for centuries. We travel along the shores of Lake Windermere, through countryside made famous by the poet William Wordsworth. Stop in Gretna Green, where many an eloping couple have tied the knot. We arrive in Glasgow later for an orientation tour, including views of the Cathedral, magnificent George Square and the Clyde River, the former heart of the shipbuilding industry. This evening, enjoy a Regional Dinner in a local restaurant.|
Crowne Plaza/Holiday Inn Theatreland City Centre
|Day 8||On to Fort William and the Scottish Highlands||On to Fort William and the Scottish Highlands: Journey along Loch Lomond, whose bonnie banks were immortalised in the well-known Scottish song. We arrive in Glencoe and remember the MacDonald clansmen who died tragically in the 1692 massacre which led this place to be called the 'Glen of Weeping'. At the World War II Commando Memorial near Fort William, we admire views of Britain's highest mountain, Ben Nevis. Our day in beautiful surrounds comes to an end with a cosy dinner at our hotel located within the Cairngorms National Park in the Scottish Highlands.|
|Day 9||Isle of Skye||Discover the Isle of Skye: We travel to the coast this morning to the Isle of Skye where a Local Specialist will take us on a journey to view the remarkable Cuillin Mountains. Against the backdrop of heather-clad mountains, we stop at the ancient settlement of Kyleakin. Later, we cross back to the mainland to view scenic Eilean Donan Castle. Travel through the Scottish Highlands past its picturesque lochs and glens, keeping your camera at the ready to capture 'Nessie' if you can.|
|Day 10||Edinburgh||Journey to Enchanting Edinburgh: Heading back to the lowlands of Scotland, we stop in Pitlochry before heading to the historic home of golf, St. Andrews. Here, the first games were played during the 1400s. See its famous 18th hole before crossing the Firth of Forth to Scotland's enchanting capital, Edinburgh. Tickets to see the spectacular Edinburgh Tattoo are included on departures that coincide with performance dates.|
|Day 11||Uncover Edinburgh's Treasures||Uncover Edinburgh's Treasures: Ramble up the Royal Mile today and see the iconic sights of one of Britain's most enchanting cities. The elegant Palace of Holyroodhouse, in the shadow of Arthur's Seat, and the Scottish Parliament feature on your sightseeing tour with a Local Specialist. Visit Edinburgh Castle perched atop Castle Rock overlooking the city. Admire the elegant Georgian architecture in the New Town and amble through the hidden passages of the Old Town before enjoying an evening at leisure. Consider an Optional Experience including traditional song, dance and Scottish fare.|
|Day 12||York||Continue to York: We travel to the medieval market town of Alnwick this morning, where we'll see the impressive castle home to the Duke of Northumberland and the Tenantry Column, upon which the Percy Lion sits and surveys the town. Journey through Northumberland to the cathedral city of York. We'll embark an orientation walk past its cobblestone Shambles and see the inspiring Minster with its 'heart of Yorkshire' before joining our newfound friends for a Farewell Dinner.|
|Day 13||Shakespeare's Stratford-upon-Avon and London||Onwards to Shakespeare's Stratford-upon-Avon and London: Shakespeare's legacy and life are celebrated in his hometown of Stratford-upon-Avon, which we will have an opportunity to visit today on our return to London. See Anne Hathaway's thatched cottage and visit Shakespeare's Birthplace and Visitor Centre. Later, we travel back to London for our final night at leisure.|
Park Plaza Riverbank
|Day 14||London||Cheerio London: Say a fond farewell to London and your newfound friends at the end of an unforgettable journey.|
- Gratuities: You have the option to pre-pay the gratuities for your Travel Director and Driver. Please speak with your travel agent.
- These prices are correct at the time of the website going live, however are subject to confirmation at the time of booking.
- All tour information is correct at time of tours going live, however is subject to change, please confirm all details at time of booking.
- For full terms and conditions, please refer to our Conditions page.
- Hotel Class Key: D: Deluxe SF: Superior First Class F: First Class